In a career spanning two decades, I have covered Life & Documentary, Photojournalism, Portraiture, Fashion, Interiors, Food & Product and Industrial photography. His work has been featured prominently in international magazines such as TIME Magazine, Der Spiegel, Stern, Figaro, Facts, Tattler, The Sunday Telegraph and The Independent. He has worked for corporate such as, Aditya Birla Group, DLF, MGF, Ansal API, Bhartia industries, Oswal industries, and NTPC and Modis. He was recipient of the prestigious NIKON International award in 1993.
Some of my prominent assignments were with:
• Photo Documentation of People living with HIV/AIDS in different states of India for Rai Bahadur Gujarmal Modi AIDS Foundation
• Covered the Babri Masjid demolition in Ayodhya and the picture featured on the cover of TIME Magazine
• Photographed Indian troops at the freezing heights of Zoji La Pass during the Kargil war for Der Spiegel Magazine
• Covered earthquake in Gujarat in the year 2000 for Der Spiegel, and Time Magazine
• Photographs for a travel guide on Rajasthan for Times Books, Singapore
Some of my corporate clients include:
• Aditya Birla Group, DLF, EMMAR MGF, National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Oswal Industries, Bhartia Industries and Imperial hotel and Modis.Best fashion photographer in India, best fashion photograpehr in Delhi
• Aditya Birla Group temples for their yearly diary and photographs for their Coffee Table Book on Corporate Social Responsibility
• EMMAR MGF group: Metropolitan Mall and Mega City Mall in Gurgaon and City Square Mall in Delhi
• DLF group: Cyber Greens Building, City Centre Mall, Grand Mall, Mega Mall, Ship Building- Gateway Tower, and DLF Golf Club in Gurgaon, Emporio Mall, Promenade Mall, Dlf Place Mall Saket
• Photographed Miss India models as well as creations of top fashion designer Rohit Khosla
• A coffee Table book on India called- “India 24 Hours”, a book put together by a select band of 16 leading Indian photographers. It was a best-seller. It is now being reprinted abroad as “A Day in the Life of India”
• Photographed a travel guide on Rajasthan for Times Books, Singapore
• Coffee table book on Madhya Pradesh, a state in central India, along with 16 leading Indian photographers
• Coffee Table Book on the beautiful coral islands of Lakshadweep with Raghu Rai
• Currently working on Coffee Table book on India
• September 2009: first solo exhibition of photographs at the Triveni Kala Sangam titled “India Continent of Circe” hosted by Ebrahim Alkazi of Art Heritage
• Participated in a group show organized by Art Elements. My work was featured along with artists such as MF Hussain, Ram Kumar, Raza, and Raghu Rai
• Curated and participated in a show of Photographs of 13 national and international photographers for Global Buddhist Congregation at Visual arts gallery on 22 November 2011
• 16 January 2012: Joint Photography show with my father- Raghu Rai, Titled- father and son, hosted by SINGH AND THAPAR PROJECTS at Dhoomimal Gallery.
Full Time Work Experience
• Currently-Director, Raghu Rai Center For Photography.
I teach and run the Raghu Rai Center For Photography- An institute for photography set up by me. We run various courses for people who are interested in photography and want to enter the world of professional photography. www.raghuraicenterforphotography.com
• Currently-Director- Nitin Rai Photography.
I lead a team of photographers; we give Top quality images for clients. Apart from photography we visualise, design and print coffee table books, calendars, diaries and give our clients a complete package.
• Was Head of Department, Creative Photography, Sri Aurobindo Center for Arts and Communication.
Was involved in teaching creative photography. Train and help students hone their
artistic skills and enter the world of professional photography.
• Was Consulting Photo Editor, Business Today.
My job entailed editing visuals done by eight juniors and creating covers. Took pictures for the magazine as well as photo stories.
• Was Photo Editor, ASIA TIMES
As Photo Editor with ASIA TIMES, an international newspaper brought out from New
York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Bangkok. I covered the South Asia region.
• Was Photo Editor, Sunday Magazine
Worked with Sunday Magazine for eight years and covered stories across India. Led a
team of 4 photographers and did the cover of the magazine and photo stories.